Monday, January 27, 2014

A Gluten Free Tomato Soup---Finally!!

I absolutely LOVE tomato soup. A bowl of tomato soup with a cheese sandwich on a cold day...oh yum. Unfortunately, every can of tomato soup I have looked at in the store has wheat in it. Why? I have no idea...

So, while browsing through the Yahoo! Foods page the other day, I came across a really easy tomato soup recipe-with no gluten-and thought "I have got to try that!! And I did! Below you will find the link to the recipe.
The finished product-tomato soup, gluten free cheese sandwich,
lightly sauteed mushrooms, cauliflower, and salad.

Gluten Free Tomato Soup

My Take:

Ingredients:
-Basil
-Ground Cumin
-Salt
-Pepper
-28 oz can of diced tomatoes
-1 can chicken broth
-1 medium onion
-1/2 cup olive oil

Okay, I basically followed the recipe for everything. Here is what I learned:

-If 20 minutes isn't enough to get rid of the acidity, simmer it longer
-Add the herbs and spices to taste.
-Fresh is best! I used dried basil and canned tomatoes but if you can go fresh, do it!

Happy eating everyone!

~L


No comments:

Post a Comment